Sunday, June 29, 2008

Pregnancy Creations

I have been hit with a creative streak during this pregnancy. You might call it 'nesting'---but it certainly started early for it to be 'real nesting'. Just for fun, I thought I would post a few pictures of my projects.

After I had Georgia, I discovered nursing covers. A friend had a 'name brand' nursing cover from which she made a pattern and shared with me--I made one and used it all the time with Georgia. I have made a couple as gifts (see below), and may sell a few in the future.





This is a pouch sling for me to use after Baxter arrives. I love this fabric, and cannot wait to use the sling. All credit for this design goes to my friend with a great name, Leah, and her blog: http://slingyourbaby.blogspot.com/

Since Georgia is a "big girl" now, I think it's time to move beyond the diaper bag. I wanted to make a cute backpack for her, and after altering an online pattern (and making several mistakes), below is the result.



Cupcakes are my new baking outlet. I LOVE to make cookies, but have never been a big fan of cakes and pies and such. Recently I bought a beautiful cupcake cookbook, and in the past two weeks have tried three different recipes. They were all good, but the Banana-Butterscotch Cupcakes are the best cupcakes I have ever had, and are close to the top of all-time best desserts. YUMMY!

Banana-Butterscotch Cupcake



Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting

3 comments:

Alyson said...

I LOVE the black and white nursing cover! TOO CUTE!

Lindsey said...

great work Leah! i would love to try some of those too :) What sling did you do off of that blog and where did you get that cute back pack pattern? So cute!!!

Unknown said...

I love your "nesting" creations. You are so talented:)