Sunday, July 06, 2008

Even more advice needed

Okay, I promise to post pictures soon! I actually tried to post pictures yesterday, but my camera battery died right in the middle of my uploading pictures. I charged the battery overnight, so hopefully I will have some photos of this week for you soon.

Here's my scenario and need for advice:
In the past few days, Georgia has started telling me when she has gone "poopy" in her diaper. (Sorry if that is too much information for you!) Now, she doesn't tell me BEFORE she goes--just after she finishes. I can often tell what she is doing, and I won't enlighten you on that :-), but now she is telling me. And let me say, Georgia saying "poopy" is absolutely adorable even if the subject is not!

So do I start potty training? And if so, how? I read an article about 'signs of potty-training readiness', and Georgia has a few. She definitely knows when she is doing "number 2", and she has shown a couple of other signs of potential readiness (I'd rather not go into those right now). However, she would rather wear her potty seat on her head, she does not know how to pull up or down her shorts/pants, and I NEVER know if she has gone "number 1". All I know to do is to sit her on her potty seat with her clothes on so she can get used to it, and work from there. Any thoughts?

No comments: