Thursday, July 24, 2008

Shopping Spree

In our area, there is a large consignment sale that is held twice a year. Thanks to a generous friend, I went today to the 'consignors sale', a pre-sale when those who consign can go shopping. And it was a mad house! The sale is held in a big arena with rows and rows of toys, racks upon racks of clothes--it is a zoo! I needed clothes for Georgia for this fall, and I am very excited about the stash I brought home. I stayed within my budget, and brought home:
6 shirts
3 dresses
2 skirts
4 pants
2 pajamas
3 jackets
6 onesies
1 pair shoes (Stride Rite, brand new, adorable)
1 double stroller
Praise the Lord for opportunities like this to get great clothes for dirt cheap! See picture below for the goodies.





To praise my little girl, she was trooper today--it was a madhouse at the sale, she was stuck in the stroller for at least a couple of hours, and then she had to go to my doctor's appointment with me. She entertained herself well, and was just as good as gold for the most part (she did get hungry and cranky at one point, but then, so did her mom!). Georgia apparently decided that she liked shopping so much today that she wanted to sit down in her baby doll stroller this evening. She is definitely too big for it!




I did have another doctor's appointment today, and things are normal as always. I had to take the 3 hour glucose test a couple of weeks ago, and my doctor today told me that I passed it with such flying colors that it was almost embarrassing that I had to take it. But 'better to be safe than sorry' with things like gestational diabetes. Again, boringly healthy Leah continues! I start my every two week appointments now, which means that Baxter's arrival is coming very soon. We are excited!


Pregnancy Belly--30+ weeks (almost 31)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are 2 different groups that do that same type of sale here. They each do a few sales in different locations around Louisville in the spring and fall. When it is all said and done, I've been to several sales each season. It's addictive! I plan to try my hand at selling this fall.

Anonymous said...

There will be another very similar (much smaller scale) consignment sale at the Factory in early October (or at least that was the date one of the ladies there told me this past April at the 1st one of the year. I LOVE living up here with all these sales! My mom and I went to the fairgrounds one on Friday and it was CRAZY but I was able to pick up some random baby stuff that we needed, so it was good.

I also had to take the 3 hour glucose test and basically was told the same thing by my doc when my #s came back no where near the mark for having g.d. He figured that it was the abnormally large amount of grapes that I ate the day before that spiked my numbers for the initial screen. HA!