Sunday, August 24, 2008

Pregnancy Planning

My confession: I like lists. I love to make them, and to cross things off of them. Sometimes I add things to a nearly finished list so I can keep a list going! I have now hit 35 weeks in my pregnancy, and I am about halfway through my "Things To-Do Before Baby #2 Arrives" list. Want to see (in no particular order)?



  • Buy items needed for B's nursery--DONE!
  • Sort G's outgrown clothes--DONE!
  • Give outgrown clothes to friend--DONE!
  • Prep clothes for consignment sale--DONE!*
  • Remake baby sling--DONE!
  • Make backpack for G--DONE!
  • Buy yarn to crochet quilt for B--DONE!
  • Make crocheted quilt for B--Work in progress
  • Paint piggy back for B--DONE!
  • Pick up bed for G--DONE!
  • Buy new mattress for said bed--DONE!
  • Buy sheets for said bed--DONE!
  • Move bed into G's big girl room/rearrange furniture--DONE!
  • Move G into big girl room--DONE!
  • Buy small dresser for G--FINALLY, DONE!
  • Move all G's clothes to new room--DONE!
  • Paint nursery--DONE! (Thanks Tony R.)
  • Paint changing table--DONE!
  • Decorate nursery--DONE!
  • Decorate G's room--DONE!
  • Pull out clothes for B--DONE!
  • Decide what is still needed for B (i.e., make another list; see first item on list)--DONE!
  • Clean out closet in G's room
  • Straighten up bonus room
  • Donate to Sharing Shop--DONE!
  • Clean out garage
  • Make meals for freezer--DONE!
  • Buy frozen meals for N--DONE!
  • Make list of people to watch G until g'parents arrive--make instructions for them--DONE!
  • Buy baby book for B
  • Fill in G and B's baby book with as much as I can
  • Pack bag for hospital--DONE!*
  • Put infant car seat in van
  • Finish thank you notes from baby shower--DONE!*
  • *Updated 9/25/2008

    Just for the record, packing a bag for the hospital wasn't even on this list until I typed it up just now! That will need to be done at some point...oh, wait, I forgot one more thing (see last item, just added :-). As you can see, my list spans a lot of different things, and in theory, I only have 5-7 weeks to get them done! I think a few things will just 'disappear' from the list... :-)


    In case you are bored with my list making, here are a couple of pictures of my pregnant self. Enjoy!


    Leah at 35 weeks--the first is a good shot of my belly (but I don't like the way I look) and the second is a good shot of me (but my belly is turned a little so you can't clearly tell the size:-)


    And for a fun comparison--a shot of me at 35 weeks pregnant with Georgia girl:


    4 comments:

    jeni said...

    Yay! I love lists, too!

    1. They help me organize thoughts.
    2. I feel a sense of accomplishment just making the list.
    3. I get another boost marking things off of the list!
    4. It's fun thinking of "one more thing".

    Erin (moviemuse) said...

    I have lists all over the place, largely because I seem to be incapable of keeping up with them once I've made them! LOL Hope you get it all done in time. Knowing you, I'm sure you will, even if some less important items suddenly "go missing."

    Shannon Bradley said...

    I LOVED reading your list! I am a list person too :)

    Mrs. Sprinkles said...

    Very impressive--hitting the nesting stage?!