Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Update on the Finns

Okay, I spent a while yesterday loading pictures of Nathan's and my anniversary trip to Norfolk/Virginia Beach. And someone, with one brief glitch, I deleted the entire post. I don't feel like bothering with re-loading them right now, so I thought I would just update you on the Finn family without pictures.

*As you know, we had a nice snow several weeks ago, and it seems to have finally melted from all of the hidden dark areas in our yard and driveway. We got 2-3" of snow last weekend, which was really pretty and didn't last long enough to freeze and shut schools down again, thankfully. The snow is beautiful, but we are longing for spring.

*Baxter and Georgia have now been sharing a room for over a month, and they love it. Most of their toys are located in their room now, and they have a lot of ton playing together in that space. We praise the Lord for this wonderful house with the large bonus room that is just perfect for kids! In addition, Nathan is thrilled to have his own 'study' at home now (Baxter's old room).

*Georgia's black eye has finally faded away, but the memory has not! If you ask her what happened to her eye, she will tell you she fell on a toy:-) Her verbal skills are amazing and growing every day, and she has reached her "no, I DO IT BY MYSELF" phase as well. I don't mind the "do it by myself" phase too much right now, because it especially applies to going to the toilet alone (yay!!).

*Baxter is really a sport who just loves to play. At this exact moment he is chasing his sister around squealing at her (she is loving it, and teasing him in turn). If you stay still for very long, he just might come and tackle you! He went through a phase of frustration in communication (he doesn't have many words), but he seems to be working through that and learning more words weekly. He can now let us know what he wants most of the time, which helps him with his temper. Yesterday Baxter walked up to his daddy and said plainly "Fist bump!" which, of course, his daddy gave him. He is so much fun.

I had a couple of cute "Georgia says the darndest things" to tell you, but I can't remember any of them right now. Enjoy the brief update, and I hope to have more pictures to show you soon!

No comments: