Sunday, November 21, 2010

Dessert with the girls

A sweet friend of mine planned a girls dessert night out for me and Finnling #3 this past week. We met at the new Olive Garden here in Wake Forest for desserts and appetizers. It was a great time of fellowship with these kind ladies, and I can't thank them enough! As often the case, it is hard to get good lighting inside a restaurant, but here are some pictures.



Me and Bekah, the lovely hostess/organizer (she talks with her hands)




Most of the ladies (minus Jimma, who was taking the picture)




See, told you she talks with her hands! :-)




My wonderful gift from Emily--Wipes! They should last me a while :-)




Okay, so I talk with my hands too...




I received several gift cards, for which we are thankful!


Heather, Jimma, me, Bekah, Emily, Melissa


Two things to note about the above picture--one, we didn't plan to stand in descending order of height, but it happened that way and it cracks me up. Two, I don't like the way I look in this picture (curse those sloped shoulders of mine!) but everyone is smiling and looking at the camera, so I won't complain. Too much.


I am so thankful for my friends who took time out of their busy schedule to spend an evening with me, and for the generosity of their gifts as well. It was a fun time of chatting and catching up and spending time together and I loved it! Thanks also to my handsome hubby for staying at home with the kiddos so I could go.

No comments: