1. Weekends--This is the fifth weekend in a row that we have either had visitors or Nathan has been out of town or both. It has been a lot of fun, really, but this momma is tired. And wishing for a quiet, uneventful family weekend...
2. Mac & Cheese--I discovered a new way to cook macaroni and cheese recently. You boil the noodles in milk, and the starch from the pasta creates a creamy sauce. It beats having to make a roux from butter and flour! Check it out here. Now if only I could get my kids to eat it (they prefer something neon orange and out of box...)
3. Swagbucks--One of my favorite blogs, Money Saving Mom, posted a series recently on 15 Ways to Earn More Swagbucks. This is a great series to read if you are interested in accumulating more Swagbucks! I came away with several new things to try. I love earning Swagbucks and redeeming them for Amazon gift cards.
4. 4000 Steps--Each year I participate in the Walk for Life to benefit Pregnancy Support Services of Wake Forest. They have changed the name this year to 4000 Steps, and I am assembling a team of walkers to participate. If you are in the area and would be interested in walking, please let me know. If you would be interested in making a donation, EVEN BETTER:-) Contact me and I will let you know how you can give. I will also post more information on the blog soon.
5. Cowboy Coffee Cake--after I posted the recipe yesterday, a friend of my mom's let me know that she gave my mom the recipe! I love how modern technology keeps us all up to date on each other's lives; I haven't seen this lady in years, but she keeps up with me and my kiddos via the blog and Facebook.
6. Day 17 of the 31 Day Challenge--are you named after someone? The answer is no and yes. My maiden name is Leah Danielle Phillips. My first and middle names were names that my parents liked and as far as I know I was not named for someone. However, my initials are the same as my mother's, Linda Diane (Durham) Phillips. I am the oldest in my family, and all of us kids have Bible names, so in a way we were all named for biblical characters as well.
7. Day 18 of the 31 Day Challenge--name something you are afraid of. I really can't think of anything that I am deathly afraid of, but here are some things I really don't like. Ants. Any kind of ants-seriously. Not afraid of them (I know I can kill them!) but I hate them. I dislike extreme heights. I DO NOT ride on roller coasters (see previous "extreme heights" reference), and it is probably the closest to 'afraid' that I get.