1. Two nights ago we had what we call a "parenting night". Baxter threw up three times between 10:30 p.m. and 5 a.m., and Nathan and I had to tag team stripping/cleaning the bed and cleaning the boy up. It was a rough night, but God was gracious to us. "Parenting nights" remind me that Nathan and I are a team, and that I am so thankful to be raising my kids with him!
2. I planted three tree seedlings in pots this week. Our town gave them away last weekend for Arbor Day. Since they are so small, I thought they would be safer from rowdy kids in pots. I have two Eastern Redbuds and one Crepe Myrtle (It was multiple Crepe Myrtle seedlings that I put together in one pot). I am thinking of naming the redbuds Merry and Pippin and the crepe myrtle Eowyn :-)
3. Found this tutorial this week, and really want to make one for G. I hate how easily store bought costumes fall to pieces, and this might be the solution.
4. Did you see pictures of the whirlpool that occured after the earthquake and tsunami in Japan? One word-terrifying! There was boat caught in it, and I cannot help but wonder what happened to it. Praying for the people of Japan, for the NC Baptist Men who are flying there to assess damage and relief needs, and for the gospel to be proclaimed in the wake of this tragedy.
5. My best friend refers to her husband as "Handsome." My husband thinks that is cute. Only problem is, if I start referring to N as "Handsome", it will be a little obvious. So what to use? Stud? (I can't help but think of Meg Ryan in Top Gun: "Goose, you big Stud!") Good-looking? Sweetums?
6. I just finished (re-)reading Jane Eyre in anticipation of the film that opened this weekend. I don't know if I will actually see the film in the theaters, but I hope to!
7. Since I like to talk about food, I must mention my love affair with sweet potato fries. I like to pick restaurants specifically because they serve sweet potato fries. Sad, but true.
Happy weekend, y'all!