Friday, April 01, 2011

Friday Quick Takes- April 1, 2011

1. April Fools Day--I'm no good at it, so I don't even try. I enjoy hearing others' stories, like my friend Jeni who planned an entire meal around April Fools.

2. Regarding money, I love February and hate March. I love February because it is a shorter month, and for those who are on a monthly salary, that is awesome! It almost seems like you have more money :-) But then I hate March, the 'standard length' month, because it feels SO MUCH LONGER after February. That's silly I know, but when you get paid once a month, three extra days is a lot.

3. We have had a couple of rainy days this week, and I enjoyed a cup of tea and an online television show one afternoon while the kids napped. It was blissful!



4. Speaking of rain, when it rains, our yard has a river running through it. I kid you not--it is terrible!


5. My AMAZING hubby cleaned out the garage today and parked his car in it for the first time since we moved in three years ago. I think I parked the van in the garage once before we actually moved, but I couldn't open all the doors (single car garage really means compact car garage, not mini-van). And then stuff accumulated. But it's cleared out now, Praise the Lord!!

6. My house smells like banana-butterscotch cupcakes right now. They taste as good as they smell.

7. I confess, I like to enter the occasional giveaway, and I recently won a free dress from DownEast Basics. I am very excited, and now just have to choose one...

8. Don't forget--4000 Steps/Walk for Life is April 30, which means you have four weeks to make a donation to my fund. I'd love for you to donate online here!!

No comments: