Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Stories about Baxter

Nathan and I joke that Baxter is a cartoon character with all of his funny expressions and sayings. He keeps us amused with his imagination and delight in life! There was a time when I was concerned about his speech (he didn't talk as much as G did, or as early), but there is nothing wrong with his speech now :-)

Here are a few funny things he has said recently:
"When I turn into a daddy, I can spin the spinning wheel!" (pointing to the steering wheel of the van)

One morning, when I went to get him out of bed, he showed me his empty hand and said "Look, Mommy, it's Baby Howie. He's a boy!" He then proceed to cradle him in his hand while he walked downstairs. A couple of weeks later, he introduced me to his friend, "Dark Vader", that he also carried downstairs cupped in his hand!

He often wakes up before Georgia after naptime, and we snuggle on the couch. While sitting there, he passed gas, grinned and said "Excuse me. I passed gas quietly. I didn't pass gas loudly so I wouldn't wake up Georgia." :-)

His imagination is soaring--he put something together with legos, brought it to me, and called it his "transformers robot choo-choo train".

Last Wednesday, I let him get in the bath with Eleanor. He had a little 'waterproof' book with him, and he decided to 'read' her a story. This is how it went:
"Once upon a time, there was a prince named Baxter
and a princess named Georgia.
They got married and danced outside.
But it was stormy.
The next day they played outside
and their pants got wet. The End" (emphasis his:-)

Can't believe this little guy will be 3 tomorrow. I am so blessed to be his mother, and I look forward to seeing his character and personality continue to develop over time. I pray that the Lord will draw him to Christ at a young age, and that his tender heart will stay compassionate and concerned for others.

No comments: