Tuesday, July 10, 2012

A bridal 'commissioning' for Laura

I had the honor of helping to host a bridal commissioning for a sweet friend, Laura, who is getting married in just a few days! This was not so much a bridal shower as it was a time to share recipes, advice, scripture, and to pray over Laura as she prepares for her life as a wife. It was a sweet time of fellowship with other believers, and a lot of fun to plan with my best friend, Kim. She graciously opened her beautiful home to us, and it was a joy to work on this with her!


 Cucumber Cream Cheese Bites--these were served at Kim's bridal shower, and she loved them! I made them for Laura's party, and they were enjoyed by all. Super easy to make, delicious to taste! 



My finally perfected Strawberry Lemonade Bars turned out wonderfully!

Laura's wedding colors are red and gold, so we opted to use pink and buttery yellow as our colors for the shower, as evidenced by the stunning roses. 


Blackberry Lemon Goat Cheese Squares. Gourmet. Delicious. By Kim. Oh.my.stars.

 It was brunch, and what is brunch without a quiche of some kind? I could eat my weight in quiche.


Hey, it's me, Laura, and Kim! 

We had to try the trademarked "Kim face"--we did pretty well! 

1 comment:

Emily said...

a beautiful shower for a beautiful bride-to-be!