Wednesday, September 26, 2012

September Finn Family Update

Since I have neglected to blog over the past several weeks, I thought I would catch everyone up to date with a blog post. A lot has been going on in our lives, but the most important news is...


WE'RE HAVING ANOTHER BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!

If anyone still reads my blog, most of you have already heard that news in another way, but I wanted to post it here on Facebook for the world to see. So now it's really official :-)

To rewind a little bit, classes started for Nathan on August 20, and we started a little bit of homeschooling as well. That weekend, my throat started hurting severely, and I was diagnosed with strep throat and thrush. The next week, Georgia was diagnosed with strep, and a week after that (on Labor Day), Eleanor tested positive as well. In the process of all of that, Nathan and Baxter never had it, praise the Lord, but we girls did. I was pretty miserable for a few days, and then I began to improve. Towards the end of my 10 day dose of antibiotic (YUCK!), I noticed it was making me queasy. It is not uncommon for antibiotics to do this to me, so I didn't worry about it much. Yet it continued, and I just couldn't seem to recover completely from the virus. I was worn down, and tired, and finally...I took a pregnancy test. It was positive. Nathan and I both were shocked. Quick Q & A: Was this baby a surprise? Yes. Was this planned? No, not by us, but God has a perfect plan, and we rejoice in it!!

We waited a little bit to tell everyone, though not terribly long because we believe life begins at conception, and we celebrate that life and trust God for all the risks involved in every pregnancy. Nathan's mom's birthday is September 11th, so we sent her a card signed from Georgia, Baxter, Eleanor, and baby #4, and just waited for her to call. And we waited. And waited. The mail ran late at their house, and finally, on Sunday morning Sept. 16 at 8 a.m. we got a phone call basically asking if the card said what they thought it said :-) It was a lot of fun to share our news in that way.

I visited First Choice Pregnancy Solutions (formerly PSSWF) last week for an early ultrasound, and discovered something we suspected: that I am further along than originally calculated. My first ob/gyn appointment this week confirmed it, and we have a due date of late April. I am almost ten weeks along now! Georgia is already 'staking a claim' that this is a girl, while Baxter insists it is a boy. I have had to explain that we don't get to choose--God does.

Outside of the big baby news, we have been busy with school, enjoying the start of college football season (GO DAWGS!), helping my best friend Kim prepare to have a baby and move (in that order), watching my neighbor's little boys, being in the labor and delivery for the birth of Kim's son, taking a trip to Louisville, KY, and visiting the children's museum. There is a lot to catch up on, and I pray that I will be able to do that over the next few days. Thanks for your patience, and for continuing to read. Love to you all!

No comments: