Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Bad Remus hits Wake Forest

You may know that winter weather systems are now getting names like summer hurricanes.
Last week, Wake Forest was hit by Remus.
My friend and I started calling it Bad Remus (#badremus) because, frankly, snow just messes up our lives here in the south. Bad Remus hit us on Thursday, Feb 26, just two days after a surprise snowfall cancelled classes and big activities at Southeastern that Nathan was in charge of (boo!).

The average snowfall for our area from #badremus was 5.75".
That's the most that has fallen since 2000, and the most we have ever seen.


The snow started on Wednesday evening and continued through the night



The delight in my children's faces to wake up in Narnia was priceless


On our back deck, we were measuring just under 6" of accumulation!


Our winter wonderland












These panoramic shots are some of my favorites.
If you click on the picture, you should be able to enlarge it



When you don't have snow-proof shoes, you break out the fancy footgear


I tried to coin a new term: Snelfie, a snow selfie. It hasn't quite caught on yet!


I think my house is super pretty in the snow!





Date taken: February 26, 2015

No comments: