1. Thanks to my wonderful hubby and very generous in-laws, I have some money to buy new post-baby clothes. I can fit into most of my pre-baby clothes(though the weight distribution is a little different than before), but could use some wardrobe updating. However, taking the WHOLE family to the mall to look for clothes is not the most productive use of time :-) I have a pair of pants from Ann Taylor Loft that I love, so we went there this week to pick up another pair. I now have a great pair of khakis, along with with a couple of cute tops, including the cardigan in the picture below.
2. As a brief fashion note, I have never been a big fan of the 'layered' look in clothes. Correction, I don't dislike the look, but have never bothered with layers myself. But...thick sweaters are kind of a pain when you are nursing, so I am developing an appreciation for layers, i.e. simple t-shirts with cardigans, or nursing tank tops with thinner sweaters over them. Maybe next I will try skinny jeans (probably not, though)!
3. My new favorite snack, which I really can't keep on hand because I would go through one box a day, is Kashi TLC Dark Mocha Almond Granola Bars. Delicious!
4. My maternal grandmother was an artist, and after she passed away we found a charcoal sketchbook full of her still-life sketches. After thinking about it for over a year, I finally took my favorite sketch to be framed, and will have it hanging in my living room soon(I promise I'll post pictures).
5. Our dining room floor, which is hardwood, is scratching up everywhere. I sweep and mop and yet it seems I am always finding a new scratch. I am wondering if the floor needs to be waxed, or even refinished. Any thoughts?
6. As much as I love all the pictures on this blog, I would like to write a little more, to add more of our written story to the photographic story I am telling. Would you still visit my blog if I had a few more posts without pictures?
7. Last, a plea to my readers--I would love to hear from you! I know that I have visitors to the blog, but very few people comment on the blog posts. Of course, with Facebook and Twitter we have even 'easier' ways (or at least more succinct ways) of keeping up to date, but blog comments would be appreciated! Just jump in whenever you want.
Thanks for reading my ramblings!