Saturday, May 07, 2011

Grandma Wanda's 80th birthday

My paternal grandmother, Wanda, turned 80 years old on April 27, 2011. Her children, grandchildren and great grandchildren are so blessed to have her in our lives! Grandma Wanda is a twin, and she flew up to North Carolina to spend her eightieth birthday with her twin sister, Nonie (Winona). A large family cookout was held in honor of Wanda and Winona's birthday, and we drove over to the Winston-Salem area to spend time with the extended family. I met cousins and second cousins and more that I have either never met or not seen in years! It was a wonderful time of visiting with my grandma, celebrating her and Nonie's lives, and to allow Grandma Wanda a chance to meet Eleanor.




One of my second cousins (I think...) had her two children with her, and Jeannie is about Georgia's age. G had so much fun playing with her and her brother Johnny, and I was so grateful there were other kiddos around!



The birthday girls, Winona and Wanda! Dressing like twins never grows old



The family had a couple of these fun 'toys' that Baxter kept calling "monster trucks". He and Georgia spent a long time climbing up and down them! Instant entertainment!







I love my Grandma!!



Date taken: April 29, 2011

No comments: