Friday, November 18, 2011

Days of Thanksgiving--Nov. 18

I am thankful for "a wave and a kiss".

Months ago (I really can't remember when it started), Nathan's parents came to visit, and when they left, we all stood at the door and waved goodbye, blowing kisses and such. We have always done that when family members visit, and when we leave our families' homes. But after this visit, when Nathan went to work the next day, the kids wanted to give him "a wave and a kiss" as well. And it has stuck.

Every morning, in rain or shine, hot or cold, the Finnlings stand at the door and wave goodbye to their daddy. He backs out of the driveway, rolls his window down and yells "bye bye!" before driving off. If it is really cold, the kids will grab a blanket to wrap around themselves before waving and blowing kisses. I think I *finally* have them trained that they have to have all their clothes on to stand in the doorway :-). Occasionally they will be in the middle of breakfast and Daddy will tell them to stay put, or the weather is such that it just isn't a good idea, but more often than not, you'll find my kids in the doorway every morning. They also do this if we leave them with a sitter, or if I go out and leave them with Nathan. It is super sweet, and I hope it lasts for a long time!!



No comments: