Thursday, November 03, 2011

Days of Thanksgiving--Nov. 3

No pictures today, because I don't have a picture of the item for which I am thankful.

I am thankful for my bed.

I rejoice that I have a place to sleep, a soft cushioned mattress that allows my bones and muscles to rest and recharge before the next day. I am grateful to have the means to have a real mattress on a real bed in my own room, and I try not to take those for granted. I am blessed to have a husband who shares the bed with me, and whose job provided the means to purchase the mattress and the bed. I love my dark wood, queen sized bed and other bedroom furniture that we bought--like real grownups--when we bought our house three years ago. I REALLY love my pillowtop mattress (purchased at The Original Mattress Factory-you've gotta shop there!). I think the invention of the dual-control electric blanket is pure genius in cooler months :-)

I love that we can sleep and rest and restore ourselves to wake again each day, should the Lord allow, and that each day is fresh with no mistakes in it. I am so grateful for the comfort that a good night's sleep gives. So I am thankful for my bed. I pray you sleep peacefully in yours tonight, too!



May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope. Romans 15:13

No comments: