Saturday, January 21, 2012

More 'trash truck' pictures

Our recycling truck driver (aka trash truck drive) is so cool in letting the kids operate his truck that we had to give him Christmas goodies. I was on a 'pumpkin scone making' kick before Christmas, so we put those in a tin and the kids eagerly awaited his arrival to give him the treats. Of course, after thanking the kids, he let them push the buttons! 

Baxter's got the scones!

Georgia gets to push the button

Now it's Baxter's turn!


Jeff (yes, that's his name, I finally learned it!) is so very gracious and kind to the kids. After Christmas when we were (of course) waiting outside for him to come by, he stopped and got out of the truck. He was driving someone else's truck, he told me, and the buttons didn't work. With my permission, he wanted to put the kids in the passenger side of the truck and let them operate the levers to move the 'arm'. I of course said yes, and the kids got the huge treat of sitting in the truck! I didn't get any pictures because I was too busy watching their joy. We feel greatly blessed to have such a kind man who makes the rounds in our neighborhood.

Date taken: December 22, 2011

No comments: