Monday, March 04, 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

For Valentine's Day, I kept things really simple and fun for the kids. When the Finnlings consume high amounts of sugar and artificial coloring they go a little crazy, so I wanted to avoid candy and chocolate. I bought a coloring book for each child, gave Georgia and Baxter little Valentine's puzzles that I had printed, and made a "special" breakfast. What was the special breakfast? Special K Red Berries cereal (the strawberries look like hearts), one chocolate dipper strawberry, and a Mott's strawberry-applesauce to-go packet. The kids loved it! My sweet sister also sent each of them a Valentine's Day book with a special note from Auntie Ruth, so the kids were blessed on the "day of love."


















For lunch we attended the Valentine's Luncheon for faculty and staff on campus. Georgia was very excited to eat lunch with her friends, the Lyon girls!


Baxter would have preferred to play Angry Birds on my phone the entire time :-)


Hope your Valentine's Day was extra special!
Date taken: February 14, 2013

No comments: