Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Georgia's Second Book Report


My generous father-in-law gave me a Kindle Fire that he was not using. I have enjoyed using it, and for fun I bought a couple of children's books for the kids (Winnie the Pooh and The Velveteen Rabbit). I read selections from both books to the kids, and Georgia asked to read Winnie the Pooh on her own. Maybe it was novelty of reading on the Kindle, or perhaps she just fell in love with the story, but I could not pull her away from this book! She read it non-stop last week, and was eager to finish it when I took the Kindle back from her. Since finishing this book, she has been engrossed in other books as well, and this bookworm momma couldn't be more excited! I am recalling all the times I chose reading over ANYTHING else as a child. My mom had to take my books away and force me outside; thankfully Georgia does love playing outdoors unlike I did when I was little.

I promised I will not be blogging every single one of G's book reports, but I had her dictate the report to me while I typed it rather than her writing it out herself. The report was much longer with the dictation method!

Book Report by Georgia Finn
Winnie the Pooh by A.A. Milne

                Winnie the Pooh is a book about a boy named Christopher Robin and a bear of little brain called Winnie the Pooh.  In the first story, Pooh loves honey. He went to Christopher Robin to get a balloon to fly up the tree to get the honey. Later, Winnie the Pooh, Rabbit and Piglet wanted to capture Baby Roo, so they distracted Mrs. Kanga and put Piglet in her pouch. Rabbit took Baby Roo to his house. Kanga thought Piglet was Roo when she pulled him out. In another story, there is a flood and Piglet gets rescued by Pooh.
                My favorite part of the book is the flood story. I like this story because Pooh rescued Piglet, who was stuck in the flood when it almost reached his window. The book sometimes was funny and playful too, and I liked that.  

Date taken: March 19, 2014

No comments: