Thursday, April 23, 2015

4000 Steps Walk for Life

It is a joy to participate in 4000 Steps, the walk for life to benefit First Choice, our local crisis pregnancy center in Wake Forest.

I admit that I can be quite competitive in my fund-raising, and am not above begging for money.
This year, God kindly allowed me to reach my fundraising goal of $3,000.00. Thank you so much to those friends and family who gave! Your gifts make a difference.
But more important than my fundraising was the fact that the overall fundraising goal
was $200,000.00. And it was MET!!!
This money goes directly to help women and men in crisis pregnancy situations,
as First Choice tries to help remove the perceived need for abortions in Wake County
and surrounding areas.

The walk itself is always fun. The Finnlings loved meeting Cinderella, Peter Pan, Hook, and other characters, as well as getting their faces painted and filling their pockets with candy at the carnival.
The highlights for me were the 83 balloon release (each balloon representing a baby saved this year through First Choice's ministry), the testimony from a FC client, and the many reasons why people walk (#whyiwalk).

Next year--same time, same place: won't you join me in this walk?























No comments: