Monday, February 15, 2016

Just another manic Monday (also, I hate February)

It's a rainy, nasty, dreary Monday here in Jackson, and I have had just about enough of February already.  Granted, I am thankful that we don't have snow or ice that other parts of the country have right now, but still, February, it's been nice, but bye-bye.

February is hard.
February is cold.
February is fickle (cold one day, warm another day).
February can't decide how many days it has.
February doesn't like the sun.

Yes, February has Valentine's Day, but give me spring over chocolate and flowers...
actually, give me spring, chocolate, and flowers! That's perfection.

To combat the February-ness of today, I decided to post about those things that help me through manic Mondays. And Tuesdays. And other days that end in "y", especially in February.


Coffee, preferably in a big mug and with endless refills
May I recommend Back Alley Roasters? We love this small company that is run by friends



Stress Away in the diffuser
(I'm not a crazy oil lady, but the Stress Away is my new favorite. So wonderful in my house. And hey, Young Living kits are 10% off this month. Let me know if you want more details)



A cracklin' fire
On gloomy rainy days, a fire in our fireplace is essential.
It warms both the body and the soul.


Fun music
When the kids are trapped inside and attacking each other, it's time for a dance party.
Awesome Mix, Vol. 1, from Guardians of the Galaxy is always a hit, as are songs byTaylor Swift, Black-Eyed Peas, and Fun. A current favorite in the house is also "Cheerleader" by OMI (thanks, Anita, for introducing us to that). 
If it's about ME needing cheering up, then I turn on Drew Holcomb and the Neighbors, or if I'm working/cleaning, Bon Jovi, as loud as possible. Yes, they are totally different genres, but oh well:-)

Books
Nothing soothes a rainy day like a good book. I highly recommend a diverting mystery or spy novel, as February really cannot handle heavy tomes of theology and philosophy. February needs to be distracted, so I would suggest a Daniel Silva spy novel, or a James Patterson mystery, or re-reading Harry Potter for the umpteenth time.


These are some of my ideas. How are you surviving this manic February/I mean Monday?

No comments: