Friday, July 28, 2006

Trip to Georgia (pt. 2), visiting Leah's family

On Wednesday, July 19th, we traveled from Waycross to Conyers to see my mom, my sister, Ruth, and my sister-in-law, Michelle. My brothers and brother-in-law had left on Wednesday to play gigs in Florida with their band, The Awkward Romance, so they were not around.

Thursday, Nathan, Mom and I went to visit the new Georgia Aquarium. Though it was VERY CROWDED, especially around the kids play area, it was a lot of fun. We really enjoyed ourselves:








Friday was spent with the Pittard family-Jeni, Jeff, Kaitlyn and Joseph--in Commerce, Georgia. Jeni and I have been best friends for almost 20 years now (can you believe that, Jeni?), since we were in middle-late elementary school. Katie calls me Aunt Leah, and she drew me the cutest picture of me and baby Georgia while we were visiting.

Saturday truly was a relaxing day that we could just hang out with my family and "chill." My mom, Ruth, and I pampered ourselves with pedicures at a local nail salon. May I just say that there is something wrong with the fact that I could get a cheaper pedicure in Conyers (metro Atlanta) than I can in Wake Forest! On Sunday we went to church with my mom at FBC Conyers, and then had a traditional Phillips family dinner--old fashioned spaghetti and meatballs, my very favorite. My brother Andrew drove back from Florida Saturday evening (arriving around 6 or 7 a.m. Sunday), so I was able to see him and spend a little time with him (more importantly, he got to see me "fat", which is what he wanted).

We traveled back home to Wake Forest on Sunday, July 23rd, and came back to work first thing on Monday. Our trip was relaxing, enjoyable, and truly a vacation time for us. Thanks to all our family for making it extra special!

2 comments:

jeni said...

We are so glad that y'all were able to come see us last Friday! We had fun and can't wait to do it again soon.

Anonymous said...

...okay guys, it has been two weeks and there isn't a new post...what is going on? Are you trying to keep us all out of the loop?