Thursday, March 10, 2011

Eleanor at 2 Months

Time has (as always) flown by, and Eleanor is now 2 months old! She had her two month well-check this week and the doctor declared her to be 'perfect' -- we knew that! Here are her statistics:

Height: 23.25 inches (75%)
Weight: 12 lbs (75%)
Head Circumference: 38.8 cm (50%)


For a fun comparison, check our other two kids at 2 months (B was a chunk, and G was tall :-)
Baxter's stats at 2 months
Georgia's stats at 2 months

Eleanor is a sweet, easy going baby who loves to snuggle and cuddle with us. I joke that she seems to have a 'snuggle quota' that has to be met, and if it isn't met at the end of the day, she has a hard time going to sleep. Right now she is playing on the floor, making adorable little cooing noises in her big sister's direction. Eleanor is seldom fussy during the day, though she will at times get cranky in the evenings. She tolerates Georgia and Baxter loving on her and playing with her rather aggressively at times, and is just a joy to be around! Eleanor is not consistently sleeping through the night yet, but she normally sleeps 7-8 hours at a time. The difference with the third child for me is that I am not as worried about sleeping through the night--I know it will happen eventually!

Many people have asked which transition is easier, from one child to two, or from two children to three. Truthfully, I don't remember the transition from 1 to 2 being that difficult! Maybe it is the Lord conveniently wiping my memory clean :-) As for the transition from 2 to 3, well, adding Eleanor to our life has not been hard at all. The older two children, though, seem to be fighting each other more and testing their limits with us more in the past few months (it dnot commence when Eleanor arrived--it had started before then). Nathan and I know that consistency in discipline and training is important, and with God's grace the training we are giving our children will point them to the gospel and faith in Christ.

Here are a few pictures of Eleanor at 4 weeks (just a couple of days shy of her 2 month birthday). For some reason I cannot remember to take a picture on her actual "month" birthday. I apologize for the pictures being turned, but she's still super cute!





By the way, she is modeling her new Rumparooz cloth diapers. This is the earliest I have started cloth with any of my kids, and I am still working on handling two kids in cloth. I love these diapers, though, and think E looks especially cute in hers:-)

Date Taken: February 28, 2011

No comments: