Thursday, November 01, 2012

Days of Thanksgiving 2012--Nov. 1

Last year, I tried to write posts through most of November about things/people/mercies for which I was thankful. I wanted to do it again this year, but I confess, I woke up this morning and realized it was November 1 and I am completely unprepared for having a 'first thanksgiving' post. I am pregnant, and have recently traveled, and my kids are not sleeping well, and honestly I do not feel very thankful at all. 

But I just took a moment to read some of my "Days of Thanksgiving" posts from last year (look for the "Giving Thanks" label if you are interested), and I am fighting back tears. Those simple few posts (I of course did not post everyday) were a wonderful exercise in being grateful for all things, and in all situations. I am reminded that my plans are NOT God's plans, and that HIS plans are perfect. He knows all things, holds all things in His hands, and works all things for His good. Whether it was our Christmas decorating, or the record of our Thankful Chain, our day at home playing in the backyard, or the trip the girls and I did not take to south Georgia last year, God's gracious providence and abundant love to us was evident. 

So today I thank God for His kind and generous reminders of His love and blessings in my life--those reminders which are found in this blog, and in the faces of my children, and which are recorded here on a blog which is this mom's feeble attempt to recognize moments both big and small in our lives.

Praying for you to experience thanksgiving and gratitude that can only be found in the Lord today.

No comments: