Monday, December 09, 2013

The Finns' Thankful List 2013

The Thanksgiving chain is a yearly tradition in the Finn house (here's our 2012 thankful list), and is something we did yearly in my (Leah's) family when I was growing up. We love taking the time to be thankful, and hearing from the heart of our kids as they rejoice in so many things that we take for granted! May we seek to live a grateful life every day, not just in the month of November. 

Nathan
God created music
My mommy and daddy are visiting tomorrow
Garage I can park in
God brought the Whitfields to Wake Forest
My wonderful job at SEBTS
Coming home when trips are over
Bonfire with friends
My four precious children whom I love very much
Getting to see my mom and dad at Thanksgiving
Our great church

Leah
Family worship
Airplanes that bring daddy home
FaceTime w/daddy
Peace and quiet
Coffee
books
Friends that point me to the gospel
Banana chips and honey
Quiet evenings with my family
Good music
First Baptist Church Durham and our Finn Home Fellowship
Chocolate
Good night’s sleep
Morning coffee

Georgia
God created the world
Holding Fuller
Daddy’s home
Having friends over for dinner
Math
Schoolwork
Reading
Spending time with family
Sweet rolls
Playing with friends
Home fellowship
My great teacher Mommy
Mimi and Papa visiting for Thanksgiving

Baxter
Legos
Food
Home Fellowship
All the things I build out of legos
Daddy snuggling with us on the chair
Quiet evenings at the house
Tiny Legos
Mommy
Watching cartoons
A good day and time at the house
Playing with Fuller
My penguin handwriting book
Playdates with friends
My lunchbox

Eleanor
Mommy put nail polish on my feet
Going to the airport today
Playdates with friends
Cartoons
Disney princesses
Watching cartoons
Orangeade
Our neighbors Rylyn, Rhys, and Noah
Daddy’s home
Playing with Augustine
Fun trips
When Daddy comes home
Snuggling with daddy

Fuller
Mommy

And sometimes, our visiting friends (from Louisiana:-) get involved in the 'thankfulness' as well!
Friends
Safe trip here and a new job-Dustin
Sunshine-Jessica
Splitting the cost of gas-Mitchell
Christmas blend coffee and friends to share it with-Matt



No comments: