Spinach and Feta Quiche
- 3-4 TBS butter
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ small onion, chopped
- 1 (10 oz.) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well-drained
- 1 (4.5 oz) can mushrooms, drained** I consider this an ‘optional’ ingredient that I don’t useJ
- 1 (6 oz.) package herb and garlic feta, crumbled
- 8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (9 in.) unbaked deep dish pie crust
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Saute garlic and onion in butter until lightly browned. Stir in spinach, feta and ½ cup Cheddar cheese until well combined (a couple of minutes).** Season with salt and pepper. Spoon mixture into pie crust.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Season with salt and pepper. (I add a little more cheese here into the egg mixture as well) Pour into the pastry shell, allowing egg mixture to thoroughly combine with spinach mixture. It will be VERY full!
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. After the 15 minutes, sprinkle top with remaining Cheddar cheese and bake an additional 35-40 minutes, until set in center. Allow to stand 10 minutes before serving.
**1 (4.5 oz.) can mushrooms is recommended, and is included in this step. I don’t like mushrooms, so I leave it out. I am sure it would be good with the ‘shrooms as well.